Thursday, October 4, 2012

Scary bleed 13 weeks


9/17/12

We had another serious bleeding scare today (13 weeks and 2 days), probably the scariest one yet. I was eating lunch when I felt a gush. I ran to the bathroom and was just dripping blood like a facet. (sorry told ya I don’t hold back). It was bad enough that it freaked hubby out quite a bit, he was in the bathroom and witnessed it. Due to the large amount of blood I lost/was losing and a large size gallball-baseball size clot (my first clot) we went and got checked out by Dr.H.  The baby looked great, was active and his heartrate was perfect. Dr. H could not find the source of the bleeding. He has put me on some magnesium (oxide-a dietary supplement) to keep the uterus relaxed and I am back on bed rest. Yipee! :( The placenta looked good and does not seem to be covering the cervix, which can sometimes cause bleeding like this. Sometimes these hematomas can "hide" and can't be seen on the ultrasound. There are other causes for bleeding, but it doesn't seem to be any of them. Sometimes women bleed and they don't know why. So the most important thing for me to do is rest since blood is an irritant to the uterus... Either way knowing the why of the bleeding isn’t really important in a way because it doesn’t change the treatment. I have also been having a rough time with the vomiting and vomited a tiny bit of blood last night. Sometimes this happens with ladies with hyperemesis (excessive puking) and it's just another thing to keep an eye on. (It comes from the esophagus becoming irritated by the acids). My next appt is october 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment